Speaking as someone many years out of the industry, (and decades out of the small system business!) I have to say that I believe that Corporate stickers on the product may be one of the more important thing the small businessman can do.

Small to medium sized customers - especially if you did a good job installing the product originally - may not remember who exactly did the install. If they've had a lot of MAC work or repairs (or if they have a continuing service contract) then they know who you are. Otherwise - maybe not.

Back in the early to mid '70s I worked for a firm that installed key systems, intercoms and PA systems in NYC. We were early installers of Iwatsu and one of the products was a "714". This was essentially a version of 1A2 - the phone had 7 CO lines, one intercom and 14 manual intercom buttons running on a 25 pair cable. It was essentially bulletproof. We had customers who bought the system, had a years free maintenance and then (after a year with no service calls) never renewed the maintenance contract. Years later we would hear from them for something - and the only reason we heard was the sticker on the KSU.

Sam

Last edited by Silversam; 05/24/17 10:09 AM.

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"