There is a "two wire" method of connecting a 1035 dial (or, in fact, any 25- or 35-type dial) to practically any common battery telephone. It is simplicity itself, if I do say so.

Connect the orange/black, blue and green wires together, and insulate the splice. Connect the Black and Red/Green wires to the handset transmitter connections on the network or at any convenient location. Insulate and store, individually, all the other dial leads. The conversion draws current from the transmitter circuit, only when a dial button is depressed. It is polarity-sensitive, so you may need to reverse the red/g and black wires to get it to oscillate.

I augmented my income during the 1980's by installing 1035 dials on the key shelves of manual switchboards (cord PBX's), equipped with rotary dials. The adjuncts fit nicely on the left side of the key shelves, and the two leads were dropped down through a small hole and fastened to the transmitter leads of the headset jack below. I put a couple of 100 ohm resistors in the leads to limitthe current getting to the dial, and "tuned for minimum smoke."

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"