I thought I had the hang of IP office 500 but now I wonder.....

I'm not the only one working on this system and they had an intermittent problem with ext 414 that they thought was cabling. I agree this is probable as well since it goes underground between 4 building before it terminates.

However nothing is marked or documented making things difficult. Especially the 2 beaned 25 pair cross connect locations. WTF Their own guy tried swapping pairs around the 5 x-conn closets. Upshot is that extension 414 is now dead.

That's when they called us. I started at the 1408 station end to get good pairs back to the switch. Things went well until I couldn't find the final pair coming up 1 floor to the equipment room. I wanted to use the same pair as it should still be good.

Here is where it got weird for me. I went to the Administrator man ager to locate what port 414 was on and it showed 1x24. To verify which unmarked module #1 was, I plugged the phone into 1x24 and it came up as 434? I checked 1x22, and 1x23 those matched the configuration software. I then checked 434 and it shows 1x21 but a phone plugged in that one comes up ext. 125

I am stumped as to how the software configuration doesn't match actual switch?

How Is this possible?