I believe that Bell Labs generated some of the best pieces of telecommunication equipment ever in the history of mankind. And Western Electric has produced it in the best possible way. And this is probably the one and the only example of how a good purpose monopoly can serve the public in the best way.

But I still believe there is room for improvement to tailor that to particular situation like in my case to alternative voltage, as well as to low voltage rining generators available nowadays, as well as wiring an additional relay to swicth from buzzers to ringers and back instantly. 220->110V transformer would cost me more and the one I purchased was around $10 from local eBay. Moreover, I keep all the original components and can return back instantly if needed.

I would agree with you, since I also have a principle and never change wiring on any of my telephone sets from original WE design and BSP documentation. I feel pain when I see 1A2 multiline sets rewired for single line "home use" by removing the 25-pair cable instead of providing a suitable AMP adapter with Line 1 wired and changing the ringer connection in the telephone set to bridged ringing.

So I would agree with you on the approach to keep everything as close as possible to BSP, and perhaps the only exception I've made was with my 551C KSU. I'm also fascinated with WE quality, since there is no part in those telephone sets which I can't restore to the mint condition with simple techniques after 40-50 years of heavy duty service. This is so rare in our world of one time used products and cheap plastic items. So we alldo the same thing - preserving this heritage of great telecommunications past.... "Keeping your telephone system the best in the world"

P.S. Still exploring the functionality and convenience of my 1A2 system, which is unbelievable and unmatched.

Last edited by RedBul; 09/11/17 01:40 PM.