Good day

I have a client that their installer has bailed on them (went bankrupt actually) so we have been handling their minor phone issues as well as their network upgrades and such for the last couple of years.

The client has a Toshiba CIX40 with AR5.20 software. They have a number of different handsets but they have about six local extensions and about a dozen VOIP stations. I don't think the handset model matters, but could be wrong.

When the system was "working" a few weeks ago if there was an external incoming call, all the local extensions would ring. Now "suddenly" when an external incoming call arrives it only rings on one extension. All other internal incoming calls work normally (extension to extension). All local extensions can make out-going calls.

I have looked into the "Night Transfer" feature, which seems to me to be the first place to look.

When I log into the emanager software the only extension that has Night Transfer button identified Station>Station Assignments>Key(tab) is the handset that is the only one ringing when a external call comes in. I have had them activate this button but it has had no effect.

I am convinced that it is a user that has activated some feature as no one in the office knows how to access the emanager software or knows how to make wholesale changes via the handset. The only other item that seems to be an issue is that they have had power issues and although the unit is on a battery supply and surge protector, I am wondering if there was a power issue that causes a corruption in the "system" that cannot be seen in the software. I have not done a power down and reboot (classic computer troubleshooting I know!).

I have searched a number of threads and forums looking for similar issues; while coming close to a description it is not exactly the same and have yet to find an explicit answer / solution.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

John