@Prof Shadow:
Yes, there's no fame or fortune in 1a2.. no one I know is very impressed at seeing these old phones work. People who get this bug are few and far between.

But it's a damn good and solid design IMHO, worth supporting just to keep the old hardware accessible to modern folks.

There seems to be quite a few people who like these phones and want to try to get them working somehow. There are hacks to make land lines work with 1a2, but they don't get the lights and features.

That was another goal with making this board -- to make the phones work as they're supposed to, but with a minimum of setup.. an ease of use that's tough with the old shoe boxes. They worked great in phone closets and mounted on backboards, but aren't great for simple demos or quick and easy setups where people want to dabble with the phone sets themselves, to pull them out once in a while and noodle with them. Having to dig out my big ol' KSU prevented me from doing some fun quick demos for visitors interested in this stuff. This board would make such a demo quite a bit easier. I'd have to mount it in a case or something, I guess.