Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
I own an impedance meter and actually carry it in the van. I probably have not had to use it for 3 or 4 years, but as has been discussed, it's usually a logical solution to dividing the grid and finding the problem. Now, back in the 25 volt K-Mart days, the amps weren't very forgiving to a rouge 8 ohm speaker. You could tell because the amp was hot enough to fry and egg on it :-)

My favorite is the short one side to the ceiling grid. Thankfully, most new construction leans toward open ceilings and not tiles, bridges, and hats.

As far as the pallet on a forklift. Well, I used to stand on the rails of a scissors lift. All of those practices would get an OSHA violation and worker's comp denials. It's strange to be in a harness on a boom lift, but it feels so much safer.

Carl

Ah yes, guilty as charged lol...

Short to the grid is common for me as well.

Thanks, again, the impedance meter is offered as this ultimate tool that would solve all my paging problems. I can see the value if I had a system constantly blowing the amplifier or the amplifier was overheating as it would then help me find that likely added 8 ohm speaker or someone thinking if 2 watts is good, 10 watts is better and overloading the amp.

Michael Meyer