Hi Coral Tech,

Ok, so then the "Comcast Modem" as I call, it is the EMTA that is providing the actual
dial tones to the system. And it is that device that is causing the problem with the lines "locking up".

This morning I changed 47-13 Dial Action Table AA from a "repeat of the AA message" to "Hangup"
if no response from the caller. I also changed the 81-01-03 to 450ms from the previous setting of 400ms.
Hopefully one or both of those setting will make the difference.

So that I understand it better can you explain why this happens with these EMTA's??

Is it due to the components are a bit out of spec with the firmware in that some are not providing the
actual 500ms Open Loop as it was designed consistently??

Or does it have something to do with a specific KSU and a specific EMTA that they just can't get along
in the same bed together??

This is my first experience with this issue (which isn't saying much) and I am trying to understand the
dynamics of the problem I am getting the feeling that the odds of it happening is very small.
But, it would seem to me that the mfg of EMTA's and KSU would know it exist and could easily provide
a permanent fix so that it won't happen again.

Or am I missing something that is behind DOOR #2??

Again thanks for any input.

Les

As a side note: Where do I go in this forum to change the setting so that I can get a email
when a new message is posted to this thread??