Have you guys run into DX-80s where the programming breaks? The tech that taught me much of my phone skills always blamed corruption. I don't feel like I've ever had a DB that was broken. Usually just cold-start and re-upload and it clears software glitches, or proves that it's hardware.

About a month ago I had a DX-80 have board #2 DPM8 go offline. Thought the card was dead, but swapping it didn't help. Ended up cold-starting, and restoring programming and all was well. I even put back the original DPM8. So, get a call this morning that the one half of the business can't access CO lines. Had them verify the modem was online, but still not go after rebooting it. Have her check a station at it says CO GROUP UNAVAILABLE when she hits 9 for a line, and dead silence when she attempts to hit a specific line. I assume that this is the same issue that we had almost a month ago - - May 29th and today is June 25th. I'm thinking a cold-start will solve it - - unless it really is the cable modem that shows as online. The call last month was the first peep I've heard from this customer probably in 18 months. If I can remember there was a few times we had them reboot the cabinet for a stuck VM or something in the last few years.

So here's my question: When do you say it's hardware failing (CPM & Backplane) vs software? I'm leaning toward swapping the hardware, but I think a cold-start and sending the last DB will probably bring everything back. I feel like a DX-80 doesn't like power fluctuations / brown out / and other summer storm related issues. We've had tons of rain & t-storms in the past few months. Starting to feel like monsoon season around here.

Last edited by tylan; 06/25/18 10:18 AM.

Business IT & Telephony Solutions
https://www.dsitechservices.com