@Sam

Thank you. I was originally considering using a 401 ktu in conjunction with a 107 type loudspeaker or some small talkback speaker (knowing the 107 was only one way), but I decided the ability to place a initiate a call from both ends would be better.

@Ed
The use of a 25MH housing sounds like a good idea. There should be enough room left on the backboard to mount one. The use of an empty 25 pair jacket sounds pretty clever, too.

On a side note, was it common back in the Bell System days to have 1A2 services distributed to outbuildings? Basically, there is also a small outbuilding id like to have access to line 1 and the intercom. I don’t anticipate on putting a 6 button key set out here, but rather a 500 or 554 type wall phone. Effectively, lifting the handset would automatically go to line 1 and to use or answer the intercom, one would lift a plunger switch that would reset when the handset is hung back up. The problem is though, a 500 or 554 with a-lead control, two line capability, and a plunger switch, seems pretty rare. The building is fed by 6 pair PE89 cable that I Burris’s two years ago, terminated on a 116-type protector.

Any suggestions/creative solutions for the outbuilding phone would be appreciated.