So I was not aware 1a2 buzzers had an option for volume control. A new 2565HKM phone I received had one.

I noticed because it wasn't buzzing when I hooked it up, and when I opened it to investigate, realized that its volume knob was turned all the way down. I kept power to the buzzer as I turned it up, and realized it has a really nice range of volume, from very loud to barely audible/a whisper.

Here's a pic:
[Linked Image from seriss.com]

I didn't find a reference to this in BSP 501-120-100 (Issue 11/1980).

I have 8 phones currently (for a video demo to come), and only one phone has this kind of buzzer.

Is this unusual, or perhaps a special order device?

Or maybe it's a post-breakup, non-bell system add-on, as I don't recognize the logo, which appears to be a large "S" with "CC" below, and a number "402" stamped into the metal.. all of which can be seen in the above pic. (Maybe Stromberg Carlson?)

Just curious. Wish all the phones had this easy to change volume knob.

And I guess I've never tried; the "standard" buzzers I've seen all have a nylon post with a slot cut in it sticking out of the center of the metal case, that kinda looks like it could be a screw head; can one twist that to control volume?

Last edited by Greg Ercolano; 05/18/19 10:24 PM. Reason: Small mods for punctuation/typos