Everything I recall reading online about Uverse leads me to believe they have some problems with low voltage and loop current. Most of the pulse to tone converters available all make mention of not working properly with Uverse. My -guess- would be the loop current is sub 20ma. I have several sources of voip dialtone and I've measured them all. My Ooma is the lowest right at 20ma, and with some older phones, usually the ones with the slug tuned tone dials, they sometimes don't like to work on the ooma. Most every decent analog telephone adapter (ATA) has some provision for setting on hook voltage, ringing voltage and wave form, and loop current. (Within set limits, obviously) I have my 1A2 ksu fed with a POTS line, 2 obihai ATA's, and a linksys ATA, and it seems pretty happy to do what it does. They all ring up, dial out, and work just fine. Also.... If you're looking for rotary compatibility, try the Grandstream Handy Tone series of ATA. I have a couple HT-702's fed into my partner system and they work with rotary dialing just fine. They are a little fussy, so be sure your dial is pretty close to 10pps, but it should work ok. They have decent loop current and ringing voltage, too. I've been getting a bunch of lines from Voip.MS lately, their pricing is decent IMHO, at least for my uses, and once you get the hang of their interface, getting more lines is super easy.