I am in a remote area of Montana and have been asked to troubleshoot a Norstar Compact ICS V4.0 at a grain elevator. They have 3 extensions and 2 loop start lines. Line 2 has gone dead at the phones but is good going into the system. I wired tip and ring to another single line phone, but can not get dial tone unless I pull the T&R from the system feed cable. I have been installing Panasonic and Avaya systems for over 30 years, but this is the first Nortel product that I have encountered in this area. IF the system is able to handle 4 CO's, I would expect that I could enable the 3rd CO port and program that Line appearance at each of the 3 extension and enable ringing on that line port at each extension.
I downloaded the manual and am smart enough to not waste my time learning a system that I am unlikely to encounter again. There isn't a Nortel tech within several hundred miles of this business and I am not the kind of guy that says that they NEED to buy a new system to get such a small operation working on two lines again.
Looking for help and willing to pay.
thanks,