HAHAHAHAHA.

yes, easy, just takes time. it'll take me a long time. but I'm a city worker, so *shrug* smile

cutting jumpers to see who complains? nobody will complain, nobody knows what most of the stuff in that room does. at all. that's what they want me to figure out.

labels on the 66 block covers? you're kidding, right? there is a label on the block you can see in the 4th pic. on the outside of the orange cover it says "block to other side of building." (there's another "phone room" on the opposite end of the bulding that's just wires wires and more wires.)

the other 66 block between the demarc and the phone system has no labels. the only labels on anything that appear to make any sense at all is in the big screw terminal block, the jumper wires have paper labels attached to SOME of them....

the big block of screw terminals has probably been there since the building was put there by the city... in 1960-something. and you'd THINK that verizon would pull everything over to the 66 block to the right and that'd be where I do my work, right? naaaaa, verizon left the covers off the screw terminal for a reason... because that's where they've decided they're done. there's stuff wired directly from there to the phone system, stuff wired to 66 blocks, stuff wired to little krone blocks, and 1 that's wired to who knows what that goes up into a conduit and off somewhere into the building., somewhere.

and yes, the phone system IS still in use.... it's only... what? 25 years old? toshiba dk96... electronic phones... cards for 64 extensions. they know where 5 of them are, on this end of the building, and 8 on the other end of the building. between the 2 offices, they have 7 analog lines showing up. there's way more than 7 lines showing up in that big ole screw terminal.... they want me to try to make sense of it, get their other lines "hooked up" to the phone system (which appears to have 12 CO lines) it's gonna take me a few weeks (because it's not MY office, so I can only spend a couple hours at a time over there) to figure out what's going on and make sense of it.

some of ya'll have your hobby systems, your special projects... here's mine. smile

I dunno if I got a good shot of the floor in there... there's boxes and boxes and boxes of "stuff" spilling all over the place, too.

Did anybody notice the cans of 2 cycle engine oil on top of the big screw terminal block?