So, we have all heard the hype about this new-fangled technology and how it's supposed to magically make our lives so much better.

Before now, I never bothered to give it a second thought. I figured it would be eons before technology like that would make it's way to my tiny, hole-in-the-wall state. Not to mention, nobody in my family, or anyone I know has a device capable of utilizing this new technology anyway. I brushed it off as something the major cities like NYC or Los Angeles, Boston or Dallas or something would get long before podunk Manchester...

Then I saw workers installing an electric meter box, disconnect/breaker box, and a bracket on the utility pole outside the bar I do maintenance for...
"Hmmm, I wonder what that's going to be for?" Genuinely having no clue...

Then another identical setup appeared on a pole on my street.
And another.
Now they are appearing around the city.... Something is up.

Today the one on my street was a flurry of activity, bucket trucks, table with prints and manuals and a half dozen men working, some big electronic box hanging on the bracket, and metal poles with cellular looking antennae on it.

I must do research!! A quick google search turned this up:

5G Coming to 16 markets

Well I'll be darned.

Then I go to the company website. Flat rate for 5G home internet, 200Mbps symmetrical. Price is damn good. Cheaper than I'm paying now, claims there's no limits, caps, throttling, etc. So far, I'm sold- hook, line and sinker.

The company name is Starry Inc. Anyone know anything about these guys? I was quite literally jumping for joy when I say they were bringing this to Manchester. Now that my excitement has subsided and rational thinking has returned, I'd like to do my due diligence and see if this is legit. Appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks.

-I wasn't sure where to post this. If it belongs somewhere else let me know.