We just started experiencing a strange issue on our OS 7200 with PRI where externally originating calls being forwarded to an external cell phone are timing out after a couple of rings. Nothing has been changed on the system (I'm the only one who has access to it) and this used to work just fine. Basically, we have an extension with it's own DID which is programmed to "forward all" to a cell phone (5.15.6). If I dial the extension associated with the DID from another internal extension/set it works as it should and the cell phone rings until the caller hangs up. If I dial the DID from either another extension/set or from any outside POTS or cell phone, the cell phone being forwarded to rings twice (sometimes once and sometimes three times but mostly twice - think it's time related and not ring count) and the call terminates. The approximate timing is as follows:

- dial DID from external line (using a cell phone for testing)
- in 8 seconds the cell number being forwarded to rings (heard on both cell phones)
- in 4 more seconds the call is terminated

In comparison, if I just dial that external cell from an internal extension, it starts ringing in about 5 seconds and rings forever. I've looked at all of the various timers I could find and tried changing a few of them (i.e. No Ring Wait in 2.6.3, External Forward in 2.5.4, Call Forward Unreachable Time in 5.14.2) but nothing helped. I guess it's possible that something has changed on our PRI but I wanted to see if there are any settings I should be looking at or debugging tools I can use to see how the call is being processed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by nlodoen; 09/16/19 02:21 PM. Reason: added more detail