Thank you for the replies so far. I have a picture, but haven't figured out how to upload it to this forum, I will work on that. These blocks are designed for 6-4 pair terminations, meaning that they are only 24 pairs wide, not 25 pairs wide. The burrs appear to be what I call Krone style as the IDC connection is at an angle. This is the second time in about 2 years that I have seen these.

In reality, I am not sure that I see the point of these CAT6 110 voice blocks as CAT6 is developed for data not voice. Okay, yes, VOIP connections will use CAT6, but that will be on a patch panel, not a 110 style cross connect field. When I get the picture uploaded, you can see they are using about a CAT3 crosswire, so the whole CAT6 110 block seems pointless.

Redardless of weather it is pointless, there I am looking at a 110 block that I don't have the burrs for. It would be neater to land my new wires here, slapping a 66 block next to this will look stupid

Now to figure out how to upload the picture.... [EDIT] 10 minutes later - It looks like I can only upload a 2 Byte file? Not having any luck figuring out how to load a picture.

Hans.

Last edited by Hans in Maine; 03/06/20 09:41 AM.