With more customers working from home during this virus crisis, I need to dust off my grey matter and remember how I have addressed this issue in the past for the XTS family. Namely, how to make a direct ringing DID call forward off-net to a cell phone. Since off-net can't be done for initial ringing calls, I recall creating a new Dispatch/TalkPath "control" mailbox with a command file and using the notification field for the cell number. I then forward my user's mailbox to this new mailbox. Unless someone knows of an easier way, this is the route that I am pursuing. It is so much fun when the brain isn't as quick as it used to be.

Edit: So far, I am finding that rather than creating a "transfer" mailbox, I would forward the user's mailbox to a newly created Menu XXX with a 1 second time out to a new command file with all the required parameters. Then the call would transfer to the number entered in the user's notification "DialMailboxWhere" field. It's clunky but it is the method we came up with. Simpler methods are still welcome!

Last edited by MnDave; 03/19/20 12:43 PM.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.