I've encountered a motel with a dead console (Superconsole 1000). Upon arrival, I found three line cords in the area of the console. One was completely dead. The second caused the bottom row of LEDs for hold/park, etc. keys to flash every few seconds (I suspect this is the correct cord). The third results in the following display message:

"Waiting for syncronization 845690106"

This display never changes. I suspect that this is actually for a superset because I traced this cord to a jack on the other side of the wall in the manager's office labeled X460. The customer doesn't have a superset or another console for me to use to confirm anything. I toned out both of these back to the switch and they are the only two white/red jumpers. All of the other ones are white/blue for room phones, so finding them wasn't difficult. On the first one, I can clip on with a butt set and receive about a second of talk battery every few seconds, which I'm sure is in unison with the flashing LEDs.

The system has two bays as follows:

Bay 1: ONS/CLASS, ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS
Bay 2: ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS, ONS, T1/DS1

I have rebooted the system to no avail. This trouble was reported as a phone not working; a typically easy fix. Had I known it was the console, I would have rejected the work order. If this is something I shouldn't be messing with, just tell me and I'll advise they call someone else. I'm hoping it's just something simple that I can finish for them. Any advice?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX