Customer has a T1 circuit in a nice, multi tenant office building. In the basement Verizon has their main terminal. There is a 300 pair copper cable from the street. All sorts of fiber optic equipment (fiber patch panels, power supplies, ADC Remote Terminal's plus some Canoga perkins fiber units. This customer has a T1 circuit bought through a reseller of a reseller, some company I never heard of and has nothing but trouble, outages etc. Their phone company says it's a copper T1 and subject to failure because of old failing cable. I told the customer, doesn't matter, it's phone company's responsibility to fix it.

Their circuit comes out of a cabinet with a glass front filled with T1 circuit cards and there 12 positions to plug in with a patch cord on the side of the cabinet going to their suite. There are also two 25 pair cables feeding into that cabinet. I believe those 25 pair come from the ADC remote terminal. I believe that ADC remote terminal is fed by fiber from Verizon.

I say to the customer I am pretty sure that is all delivered to you by fiber optic cable, not copper. I do not consider myself a T1 / telco expert so I am looking for some input or opinion.