I'm in a bit of a bind! Problems with an old Samsung Officeserv 7400. I recently started working here and one of my first tasks is to replace the phone system (!) but it seems steps had already been taken down that road - maintenance contracts have been cancelled.

We had an issue in the computer room with power supply. A poor installation involving a 32A fuse, 40A supplies, and an unfused 20A switch. Unlikely to be a problem given the light load we run, but needs to be resolved.
So - in order of actions:

Officeserv 7400 system powered on and working.

Used Officeserv Device Manager to Halt the SVMi-20 - the SDN LED changed from red to green.
Powered down using the switch on the back of the cabinet; removed the power cable.
Had the electrical issues (partially) corrected - a return visit is required, but that's another story.

Reconnected the power cable, powered the 7400 up again using the power switch.
Checked LEDs - all showed as before I had Halted - the SDN LED was red. (Don't know if a Halt is cancelled by a power off/on.)
A network connection is showing on the MP40 and on the network switch.
However, the system can no longer be connected to from Device Manager, and I cannot ping it - I get 'Destination host unreachable'.

. C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.1.8

. Pinging 192.168.1.8 with 32 bytes of data:
. Reply from 192.168.1.127: Destination host unreachable.

. Ping statistics for 192.168.1.8:
. Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

192.168.1.127 is my host address.

I've cleared the ARP cache on my local PC - no change in result to ping.
Curiously, an IP scan does return a result and resolves the network name, but I suspect there may be some other issues in Active Directory as a ts-esx also replies and resolves a name but (as far as I know) this was decommissioned months ago.
IP phones are *not* working.
Digital phones do work and external calls are fine.
I can ping other devices on the LAN and remotely access them.

I considered using the 'Reset' button on the front of the MP40 but cannot find any documentation to tell me what that actually does - stop/start, or clear programming?

If you are able to offer any insight, that would be wonderful.

Thanks

Last edited by CHBDC; 08/01/20 01:17 AM.