Well I am going to join this conversation. I also wear hearing aids, and my old ones had the magnetic T-coil. One ear is much better than the other. I quit using the T-coil and used my better ear with the hearing aid, just listening to the phone through the vent in my earpiece. Being a Vertical dealer, I was using an SBX and didn't have any problems. Installed a Summit 80, and I have the 9240 on my desk. Secretary's desk has a 9224F, and a 9048 8-button at our sales counter.

As soon as I put the new system in, I couldn't hear for sXXt on any of them. They sounded very bassy. Turning the volume up even made it worse. I installed a Plantronics [Clarity] HA40 phone amplifier on my phone. Turned the tone all the way to high, and now it's easy to hear.

I have had other customers say that the phones sound different than their old ones, but no real complaints except one other who must have ears like mine. Put an HA40 on for him, and he's happy. I realize that the batteries can be a pain, so I used a 9v regulated switching adapter, wired a 9v type connector on it, and just have it plugged into the AC.

I had suggested to Vertical soon after I installed my demo, that they try to get the tone on these fixed.

Just thought I would share.

RUSS K.