(That’s the reason commercial installers like cable lengths to be two feet at the minimum.) However, the bulky RG11 connector and the big thick cable combine to allow reflections to travel up to 50 feet back down the cable. Keep in mind that there’s a reflection on both sides and that’s why it’s a bad idea to have RG11 cables that are shorter than 100 feet.

Yes, 2 feet and I've never seen that to even be a problem. But that stuff about RG-11? I would like to know where he got that from. Why then shouldn't RG-6 not be shorter that like 20 feet? Sounds like there are some "vidiots" (cousins of audiofools) who think that RG-11 would be the ultimate cable to wire their houses with and that's who the article is written for. Like I said, I haven't seen it used in years. No reason to use anything other than RG-6 size cables.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.