Recently I started receiving reports that inbound faxes to a specific extension were being routed directly to agents incorrectly. Upon further investigation, I identified that the fax number rides a set of T1s to a different location on a different node. One of the T1s is intermittently bad, and what I've been able to determine is that when inbound faxes coincided with errors on the T1 the fax call was then routed to our customer relations group.

I've applied a work around by moving all trunks off of the bad T1 onto the good T1, this provided a functional work around; our customer service agents aren't being screamed at by fax machines any more.

What I'm trying to figure out is what configuration directive tells the system that calls failing to this particular fax extension should be routed to our customer relations hunt group/extension. I'm fighting a similar issue elsewhere, and I'm wondering if it's related to how that piece of the configuration is setup.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

We're running Inter-tel 9.002 Axxess (I think that's the pertinent information, I've inherited this so feel free to correct me as necessary).