I thought I had seen it all, but here is a new one. Bonus points to those who can figure this one out.

I have a Legend with a Key Voice. All calls are either DID or go to the attendant. Everything works fine and has been for years. Now one problem has surfaced. If a caller calls the main number, dials 0 to get the operator, and requests the operator to transfer them to x102, everthing seems to work fine. however, if the person at x102(which of course is the company president) does not answer, instead of going to the voice mail box, it goes into the login box and askes the person to enter their mail box number. This problem only occurs with the console and x102. Any other extension being transferred to by the attendant works and any other extension trying to transfer to x102 works. I have run a trace on the digits being sent by the legend and I beleive the issue is with the swithc and not the VM. On normal operations when everything works, I get the correct digit string from the switch, #03##102##. When it doesn't work, I get #00#830##. The incoming call is coming via PRI. We have swapped the attendant console and no change. Could we have corrupt programming? Bad MLX card or port?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com