Hi, I just set up a Partner ACS 2.0 / Partner Mail VS 4.1 system. Everything's working great, but within 24 hours of setup I heard from the receptionist at the office that she can't log in to P Mail VS to update the auto-attendant greeting.

At first I thought I had written the instructions wrong, but it turns out that the admin password had actually been changed.. I did some reading on the net and was able to get in and reset the admin password, but.. UHHH, isn't this a HUGE problem?

I mean someone can get in and reset the voicemail system to defaults, taking all mailboxes & saved messages with it, in about 30 seconds if they know what they're doing. That could be disastrous for the organization I'm servicing.

They can't afford to upgrade to Partner Messaging; are there any kludges or external solutions to this problem, like putting a touch-tone interpreter on the CO lines and intercepting any sequence that starts with 99# ? I don't care if I have to completely disable external / off-site VM administration; I don't want the VM system to be hacked and messed with or reset.

Thanks for any remarks / tips on this glaring issue. Really idiotic of Avaya/Lucent to have put the dumb backdoor in there in the first place.