Originally posted by telcomtex:
I have a customer who is getting out of a nortel because the upgrade of the old nortel she has is equal to 2/3 of the cost of the new system I am proposing to her. Much of that cost is software... not even replacing or renewing the old hardware!
This would not apply to Norstar or BCM (the Nortel system Trucker is looking at). It can happen on something like an Option 61, if the user doesn't take advantage of upgrade incentives when they are offered by Nortel (sometimes FREE!). This is an unfortunate situation. And, its usually a case of a vendor NOT taking care of their customer's interests.

As for the G700 vs. BCM. I'm certified on both and would take the BCM, no question. This is ABSOLUTELY a biased opinion (as is every other in this thread).

Now to shake things up a bit:
As long as we are adding to your list of systems to investigate, don't forget Cisco!

You are talking about 240 sites! If these sites are to be networked at all, I can't imagine them being anything other than Avaya, Cisco, or Nortel (alphabetical order).

subliminal message:
...buy nortel

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies