Originally posted by ev607797:
Trucker, I hope you aren't serious about limiting your choices to the two biggest flavors in the industry! Like Telcomtex said, chocolate and vanilla aren't the only flavors at the ice cream store. Don't be blinded by big names, and if you have the ultimate decision making power, or at least the ability to influence, use the $35K issue as an example of the bargain you will get dealing with them.

There are a lot of manufacturers (flavors) out there who would truly welcome your company's business. Just about all of them have national dealer coverage programs. Shop around and don't rush to any conclusions. A month or two of time researching beats years of complaints. From what you have indicated, you need to head in another direction and take your time in doing so.

Quite frankly, I don't know how the BIG companies stay in business, in fact they are both struggling and have been for years. Like auto manufacturers though, their names have become so predominant in our society that while the company may fail and go away, their name won't. Someone will just buy the use of it and make money.

Just look at AT&T for example. Once the highest-quality line of products and services in the world. Well worth the extra price; the stuff was really good. Now, their name is now all over cheap imported products, but only as a trademark. AT&T hasn't manufactured their own equipment for years; today, they just reap royalties for the use of thier logo by the highest bidder. Still, the general public recognizes that "big" name as being a stable brand. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Almost all of our new system sales come from recent (I mean REALLY recent, as in not even out of warranty) purchasers of these systems. The customers figure it's cheaper to completely replace the system than to pay the exhorbitant upgrade costs, fees, licenses, contracts, etc.

Do your research and do it well. You will be surprised at what you find.
Unfortunatley we are limited. We are currently an Avaya shop but the company who recently bought us are Nortels biggest National Account. They have BCMs in all of their locations worldwide.

If it doesn't ring, I can't help you