Tek-Tips does have similar guidelines as those on this board, especially the "Do not post any backdoor passwords"

I don't see any guidelines, just some CEO guy who moderates the whole place. After I complained several times about backdoor passwords being given out I noticed they started being deleted. Guess they got the message.

As for the quality of advice, Tek-Tips is computer centric and a large portion of members are of the CG/IT persuasion. So that's who most of the quuestions and information comes from. I know there are some members that have a telecom background, notably Tommy, you and some others. I was a member also until the CEO emailed me and told me I was too negative, so you can see what they are looking for.

It's worth saying again- this board is the closest thing we have to a trade organization. If we don't look out for our interests nobody else will. If you are a member of this trade you owe it to yourself to be a member here.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.