The installer came back today as Avaya still had not answered them as to what was wrong with the lines. He upgraded all 4 systems to 3.2 (was on 3.1) turned ICLD back on for all lines. I have been monitoring since 11 am, it's now 8 pm and have not seen 1 false "pre ring"

Lets hope this does it, the system did run it's first few weeks after the install with no problem then started the "pre ring". This went on for almost a month before I turned ICLD off so I realy do not know if it would have been doing it today before the upgrade.

The reason for 25 lines and no T-1 is we are a Fire Department dispatch center located in an commercial area where there is heavy truck, boom truck and fork lift (big ones) all on the street where our primary service cable is located. This cable has been damaged several times killing our service. To counter this we relocated some of our lines to one of our other buildings 2 blocks away and bring the lines to our dispatch center on a privately owned cable that runs thru a residential area for redundancy. We also have 2 phone systems, the Avaya and an old Comdial as backup. We where taking calls on the comdial today for about 10min while the upgrade was being done on the Avaya. I do not think we could run 2 systems on a T-1 without spliting it out to POTS at a channel bank in our building. Also gives us the option of pulling out the box of 2500 sets and taping the NID of things realy go wrong.

The T-1 puts all our eggs in 1 basket, when it's down we are dead. This way we at least have some lines.

In the end, "WE NEVER CLOSE" the Public wants it's calls answered 24/7

Thanks to all for your help in the "Pre Ring" problem. I will post back an a few weeks if the problem does not return, sooner if it does.

PS: The problem affected lines from both locations (main and private cable) so there is no pattern there either