Thank you very much for the offer, but I already had the reset instructions. I finally had time over the weekend to write down the AA announcement and mailbox greetings then try resetting the VM to factory default.

After resetting it (even got the confirmation announcement), I went into the 0 admin account with the factory default password, changed the admin password to my new admin password, setup the selector codes, AA recording, and subscriber mailboxes: password + announcement for 2 of them. I tested everything and it worked perfectly.

I restarted the ACS, went to log back into the admin account and it was back to my old pre-reset-to-default password and selector code settings. Subscriber mailboxes kept new passwords fine. All voice recordings were fine. I suspect it has some problem with writing the admin settings to NVRAM, or whatever the PVM PC Card uses for storing settings.

So, it's time for new VM. I am going with a Partner Messaging R7.0 since the multiple AA and outcalling features will be useful. I just wanted to close this thread in case someone has a similar problem in the future and wonders what the outcome was. Thank you again.