You need to consider several factors here. First is that you should never discount the role a reputable dealer plays. The $300 will be well worth it when you can't figure something out or you have warranty issues. I don't know what business you are in but I'm sure you won't be happy about not having phone service while you wait for someone to send you parts.

That of course brings up where you plan on purchasing your system. I'm sure it's an internet dealer. Keep in mind that most systems are only supposed to be sold by an authorized dealer who will provide installation, warranty and service should you need it. Just because something is sold on the internet doesn't mean it's supposed to be sold to the general public. You also take your chances with that so called "gray market goods". Sometimes it's new, sometimes it's new but from a lot with defects. When you buy from a dealer with installation they will stand behind the product.

The Partner is a solid system and well suited for your needs both now and in the future. Keep in mind that the SOE is a "package" system that cannot be expanded beyond 3 lines and 8 extensions. I think you would be better served by the ACS R7 that will handle 5 lines and 9 extensions right off and can be expanded if necessary.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.