Originally posted by maria l:
Note to CnGRacin - do you have any kind of list that details the circuit id modifiers? I am working with all types of circuits (primarily ATM and frame relay) and would sure appreciate any list that tells me what type they are.

thanks,
No, I’m sorry I do not have a comprehensive list of those available. I did have a list at one time BUT they are listed out by circuit id service codes (3rd and 4th character) so, there was literally hundreds of pages. The service code modifiers (5th and 6th position) of the circuit ID mostly are used to identify billing info and things like % LATA usage. Not things I’m concerned with usually when engineering a circuit.

I’ll take a look around the office and see if I can find something that may help ya out… There’s some Telcordia Common Language stuff here that no one looks at… Maybe I can find something that you could use… BUT like I said the publication I was used in the past was formatted by every type of ckt id.

Also, let me ask this. Is “circuit id modifiers” really what you’re looking for? Take a circuit id like 27/XHGS/######/SW. “XH” indicates it’s a 56 Kb DDS. You want to be able to look up what the “G” and the “S” mean?

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)