ok I found the patch upgrade card for the ACS but what about the process to upgrade the Partner Mail VS R5?

Well therein lies the little problem. The upgrades are made available to Avaya BPs ONLY as a software download. We then must find a way to put it on a flash card. Unless you are doing a number of upgrades (and charging $$$ for it) it normally isn't worth it. It's normally cheaper just to replace the ACS and the Mail VS. That Mail VS should be replaced anyway.

All that changed with the R8 though because it can be upgraded through the admin software.

Incidently, we have had reports here before from people who used upgrade cards they found on line or on ebay that corrupted their system making it a brick. I wouldn't do it. Given the information above, you can understand that only God knows what some hacker has done to come up with cards to sell.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.