My company is running an Avaya Partner ACS Rev. 3.0.3, and we need to program 1 incoming trunk line as a special case.

I need this line to ring at only 1 extension (got that far by setting line ownership and so on), and if that call is unanswered I need the call to go to the VM box for the ringing extension.

Right now, I call the special trunk, it rings only at the extension I want... but I only get 1 ring before the voicemail system answers with the "Welcome to Avaya Partner Messaging System, please enter the extension number..."

This isn't going to fly... I need calls on this trunk to ring several times to give a chance for live answer, and if that fails I need the call to go to the extension's voicemail box.

Scenario: I'm setting up a field tech extension... so if a customer out in the field makes a service call, the central office will forward to our branch office on this special trunk line so it goes straight to the field tech. We do not want to make the customer sit through another voicemail menu, enter extensions, deal with another operator, or any of that as they will already have jumped through all these hoops by the time they reach our branch office phone system.

Any ideas? I'm not finding any more help in the programming guides available online.

Thanks for any and all help!!!!

Cheers,

-Val