Originally posted by paul144:
I would think twice before doing this in a medical environment. I would think that there may be a problem with interference to the wireless unit from various electronic medical devices and vice-versa. This would be especially a problem in any type of radiology department.
I would suggest getting one unit and trying it in various locations with different equipment running before you bought a bunch of them.
That was my main concern also. They will primarly be used in an exam room mainly for translation purposes. They could call out to the translation service, instead of having a translator come in. I am definatly having our Biomed people check it out also. We are looking at both the Polycom and Clearone models.
The whole RF factor is another issue. In the average hospital there is so much RF I am supprised anything works. Between the cell equipment,paging systems,repeaters,etc everyone will probably get cancer in a few years. I am supprised we aren't all glowing at night or at least developing mutations.

Thanks for the input...

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.