Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#103197 03/29/05 09:55 AM
racarp Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to back up the system information from a mitel sx-50. I would like to know if I can back this information up on to a server. How do I do this and can it be done. Thank you for your forum!

[This message has been edited by racarp (edited March 30, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#103198 03/30/05 09:51 AM
this should help

Data Dump/Load
Description The Data Dump and Load feature stores the configuration of the system on tape for future system reconfiguration. A data dump or data load uses the Printer Port (RS-232) of the SX-50 system. Therefore, the tape must be set up locally and no other features (i.e., Message Register Audit, Automatic Wake-Up or SMDR) can use the port during a data dump/load operation. The data dump can also dump onto a printer in an easily read format (refer to PRINTER PORT in this Section). The Data Dump/Load feature is accessed by using a Maintenance Function Code followed by the System Security Code. The PABX proceeds to dump (or load) the header, followed by Commands 100 to 752, one at a time. To determine if a load of data is possible, the header record is verified. If a load is not possible, the load aborts and the system raises an alarm to indicate the problem.
With MS55 Speed Call numbers are also included in a Data Dump.
Conditions • A Data Load halts the SX-50 system operation and resets it after the load is complete. Therefore, all calls are lost during a data load.
• To load a saved database it is necessary to load the default data first or the Data Load will not be successful.
• Data Dump and Data Load must be performed at the same speed. MlTEL recommends 1200 baud or less.
• If a checksum error is detected during a load, a flashing ERR prompt appears beside the command number on the LCD. The system remains at this command number until it is manually reset. The complete database must be loaded again.
• When accessing the data dump or load and the Printer Port is not free, the system returns reorder tone.
• If during a data load, a read error occurs, then the load aborts, an alarm results and the system is left the way it was before the load attempt.
• The printer port baud rate for a data dump can be any of 110, 150, 300, 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 4800 or 9600 Baud. The port and printer baud rates must match.
• The stop bits and parity bits (which are configured in Command 100, Register 16) must match those of the printer.
• Refer to Section 9104-091-350-NA, Troubleshooting, for a complete list of Error Codes that can occur during a data dump/load.
• Customer Data from pre-MS51 software cannot be loaded.
Programming • Refer to PRINTER PORT in this Section.
Operation To Dump Data:
• Set up the tape machine at the Printer Port of the DPABX (make ready to record).
• Press the WRITE (or RECORD) button on the tape machine.
• Dial the Attendant Function Access Code (71 or *), or press the FUNCTION key - FUNCTION ? is displayed on the LCD.
• Dial Attendant Function 97 (Data Dump Access Code) - DATA DUMP is displayed.
• Dial the System Security Code.
• The Console and Test Line LCD displays now step though each command number (i.e., CMD 100, CMD 110, etc.) until all information is dumped.
• The display returns to normal when the function is complete.
To Load Data:
• Set up the tape machine at the Printer Port of the DPABX (make ready to read).
• Dial the Attendant Function Access Code (71 or *), or press the FUNCTION key - FUNCTION ? is displayed on the LCD.
• Dial Attendant Function 98 (Data Load Access Code) - DATA LOAD is displayed.
• Dial the System Security Code.
• When CMD appears, start the tape machine by pressing the PLAY button.
• The Console display now steps through each command number (i.e., CMD 100, CMD 110, etc.) until all information is loaded. All SUPERSET 4 telephones display NO COMMUNICATION.
• The system resets when all the data has been loaded.

#103199 03/30/05 10:16 AM
racarp Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I got this part down. Now, once I have the data on a tape, can that data be put on a server and used to upload the data? I know you need the the printer cable, but if I can use the printer port on a laptop and a rj45 to get into the server, this all should work, No?

#103200 03/30/05 10:18 AM
sounds good in theory i have never tried it

#103201 03/31/05 07:39 AM
you can dump to a laptop, I use procomm. then upload from the laptop. use raw ASCII protocol and don't try to modify the file. it messes with the check bits.

Never blame on malice, what can be adequately attributed to STUPIDITY!!
#103202 03/31/05 07:45 AM
racarp Offline OP
OP Offline
Good, then it sounds as if there wont be any problems. Thanks for all your help, Guys!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,367 Shoretel
189,047 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024