Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Like I said, I'll be surprised if you can get away with it, once front-desk people realize they have to set-up all room-to-room calls. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I believe call block will not fix the problem. You probably still have an station out there that is having troubles.

The way to determine the shorted station is set up an Illegal Number route in form 19 to and LDN on the console, the bad station/s will show up on the console repeatedly

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
have the "few extensions" been identified. If we know the extension numbers being called we may be able to help more. If they are legitimate extensions then they are not illegal numbers. If this persists and the numbers being called are the same always a display phone may help in the room being called, as a temporary trouble shooting option. This would display who is calling.

The system interprets shorts on the analog line as low digit numbers like 101,111,123,120. These rooms are getting Crank calls/Phantom ringing. The system will also interpret these shorts as Non existant stations I.E. 113,141 or 191. These will be Illegal numbers and they will be reported to the consoles LDN. And the station number that is shorting out will show up on the console.

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi
I may be missing something, has mbtel informed us in this post what the affected extensions are? Also if this is miss dialing or hardware faults? Won't be the first time I missed the boat.

Panda, you've missed nothing, as far as I can tell. We've all thrown all the possibilities at mbtel, as well as how to detect the source of the problem. He has informed us that he Copped-out, and set up room-to-room call block. We all informed him, each in our own way, smile , that all he did was hide 1 problem and create another. I think he has decided to ignore us and hope that a sleeping dog will lie quietly, and not create a 'stink'.
If I worked in the Houston area, I believe I'd be contacting motel Mgr's looking for the one that has a front-desk crew that is REALLY irate about room-to-room call complaints. I can always use another customer! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
guys i havent copped out of the situation,if u read my last post carefully i mentioned that the problen is fixed "AS OF NOW" which means temporarily, i m sorry i m not as good as u guys but i will surely not cut corners, i was in dallas from last couple of weeks & thats the reason i just walked through the motel mgr. over the phone to activate call block. anyways that problem is taken care of now, it was a bad port on one ONS card & i really thank u guys for helping me find that,i had set up illegal no. route to console & we found calls coming from the fitness room on the console even though no one was in there.i have moved that extn on another port.i just did this day bfre yesterday so will wait few more days to see if that was the only port bad or not.

Sounds like someone owes me a beer (referencing my post from April 20).

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
I will buy a few beers if you ever get down here

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi
Well, I guess I for 1 owe mbtel an apology. Here it is, I apologize for assuming you were 'blowing us off'. And once again, the real meanings of 'assume' are displayed for all to see! frown John C.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,256 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024