Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Mickey mouse but. You may be able to get away with using loop start and leaving the the switch set up for ground start. You'll have to turn off all alarms having to do with trunks, 'cause it will throw alarms. Card won't get the right responses from the c.o. and that will trigger disconnect alarms. Try it if you have a loop start line in the building, or can get one temporarily. The original reason for ground start was gaurunteed disconnect signal. Most loop start lines have good battery break now so GS is not really needed. Or maybe you can use GS inbound and LS outbound, if you set up 2 hunt groups. I believe at some point Mitel began allowing that. But, that may have been after the digital 1005/Lite15 was released. Anybody got a firm comment on this idea? John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

well with loop start lines you are going to have to deal with clash (possible for someone dialing 9 and grabbing a trunk that is ringing in at that moment). Not usually that big a deal, though. Still it seems strange. Just for grins (hey you've tried everything else, right?) try changing the trunk TYPE in trunk programming to 11. I know this has to do with echo and DB loss, but maybe it's causing a problem.

OP Offline
Lightninghorse, Some good ideas. I tried your first one connecting to a loop start line leaving the the switch set up for ground start. And it takes incoming calls fine and disconnects well as you suggested, so thats good to know that senario is a possibility, but for outgoing,using that setup, I get a busy when trying to access the line. It sees voltage when it wouldnt on a ground start line. So it thinks the line is in use. So, that doesnt work. Tried changing type to 11 as Dane suggested, but then it doesnt ring in as a direct inward dial line which give them the second dialtone. Its a type 2 right now for direct inward dial . I think I may have to take your final suggestion lightninghorse and talk them into
making their outbound calls on another loop line and leaving the ground start for inbound only if we cant get any further with the phone company in resolving this. Only other thing, I dont know if Mitel repair would modify a couple of cards for me
to make the groundstart a little longer duration.Could be as simple as adding a cap in the right place

Glory to God in the Highest
OP Offline
My dad suggested I ask the phone company to check to the line for conditioning, there may be some loading coils still on it from the previous CO installation that might be causing problems.

Good possibility, but probably not a factor either way. You may have better luck getting your card(s) modified by one of the refurbers. To the best of my knowledge, Mitel no longer supports the 211 card at all. As far as that goes, the 211's are so common and obsolete, it's normally cheaper to buy one than repair one! This may be my lousy memory, but it seems to me that Mitel did come out with 1 more LS/GS after the 211. See if you can find info in the 217 manuals. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Okay, pondering the posts and what you all suggested and having tried the various proposed senarios. I think we have come up with a work around solution using a loop start line. Since as was suggested, a modern loop line will ring in and disconnect itself with the trunk switch in the "ground start position",, that takes care of the inbound traffic. So for the outbound traffic we connect a second trunk circuit with its trunk switch in the "loop position" and route outbound through that connection. So we would use two trunkcard circuits on the one CO loop line. So we now have inbound direct inward dial and outbound speeddial using the one loop phone line . I tested it and it is works!!
Now we can call Bell and have them cancel the ground start lines (which dont start anyway) Many many thanks for the brainstorming. God Bless you all and your families. This one really had me down for a couple of days. If there is a will there is a way if you put enough heads together.

I either missed it or did not realize it was a DID trunk. In that case try making it a 21 isntead of 2 and see if that helps.

OP Offline
Okay, Dane,
will give it a try.
Bry

OP Offline
Dane,
Tried it, and there is no difference in line siezure behavior.
It appears that what we have found so far is going to work... using
the discussed workarounds on a loop rather than a ground start line.

okay - good hunting

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024