Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Good point Fred. Since I'm sure he would be tickled to death to sell an SX50 DNIC card, pay attention. After all is said and done, it is the I/L that has been worked on. But, Fred, the DNIC could be sending partly garbled info. That's why I wanted him to see what a forwarded call showed. Did he ever say WHY he replaced the mother board? Was it for the same reason? John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Just curious, if this is a hospitality setup (you're talking InnLine and saying "room") is the the system interfaced to the PMS and is the PMS database synched up with the voicemail database? If ths InnLine doesn't show this as a checked-in room, that could be causing the problem.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Good thought Harry, BUT the SX50 has no provision for PMS interface. frown Although, thinking about it, that's not all bad. And I'll bet that I'll get no argument from the rest of you folks that have fought PMS systems and their "support"! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Sorry, John. Didn't think of that. I've done CoVoice on the SX-50 before and forgot that their interface is through a special card. For some reason, I thought InnLine was able to interface through a Calista card too.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
OP Offline
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. I got the DNIC in today and it changed nothing. Still the same condition. I hooked up a SS to one of the ports, busied out the other three, called 555, saw the digits 303 which is the extension I was calling from, pop up on the display, but nothing else. I then tried, deleting and re-creating mailbox 100, no change. I am beginning to believe that the issue is in the PBX. It is not sending the prefix digit of either * or # when a station is calling it to retrieve messsages or to leave a message, although I have no idea where or what this is called in the SX-50. I thank you for all your ideas, and support. I am requesting that a tech with a little more knowledge on the 50 go out with me tomorrow, and if that fails then I have a TeleKol with COV integration that I am going to attemp to install. Is there anything special about putting in a COV card on the 50 that I need to change from the DNIC to like in programming, or will it just come up since it is a hard coded card?

Thanks again everyone for ideas and suggestions!!

OP Offline
Also, there is a nother card in the InnLine that is two port, that has two 6 pin cords going into the Dialogic card. What is that board for? Could it be causing the issue?

Why would you delete and then add mailbox number 100, if you're calling in from ext. 303???

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Okay - I tried to read back over this stuff, but excuse me if I am repeating anyone. First - the extensions do not need to send a * or # for leave or retrieve. Since this is DNIC / COV integration.
Don't worry about the other boards they are either dialogic or Rhetorix cards (I think Innovations used dialogic). You haven't even gotten to the point where they might be causing a problem (but I am sure they are fine). I didn't see anyone ask this question? Have you gone back to look to make sure that the COS of those ports have the bit enabled for COV VM port?

OP Offline
Hey Dane,

I have not checked the COS on those ports...Hope I can figure out to do that. I will find that function in the manual and check that.

In reply to fifty5footer, Dane had suggested at the beginning of this post, that I delete the mailbox info and try rebuilding it. So I tried one box instead of blowing away the entire system, without the need to go that far.

When you determine which COS is assigned to the VM-DNIC ports, check Register '3', Bit 'K'. Probably should be 1 = *. Probably is 0 = disable.
Also, your interface card in the computer is probably a Calista. The secondary card is the SS emulation that translates the display data to DOS-ese. I believe it should be plugged on to the primary card. Check that, you may have a problem of adjacent card slots not close enough together.
AND DO NOT change to a COV card, the DNIC interface will NOT work. And reprogramming will be required in the SX50. John C.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024