web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I have an extension that is not in use and I want to program this extension to dial an outside number. for instance when we have an incoming call and we want to send it to our outside call center(800#) using an internal extension (ext. 505). I have looked at setting the call forwarding for the extension and it only allows me to enter two digits of the forwarding #. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This ext. has to have COS with external call forwarding capability and Form 2 has to have access code for external call forwarding assigned. The easiest way is to forward ext.505 to Abbreviated Speed dial table.

So I assume here that you want to forward this extension on always condition for both internal and external numbers.
If so you need to forward to a abbreviated dial number, this is what needs to be programmed.
In the extension's cos enable the following
cos 206, 207, 208 and 209
In the trunks cos enable 208 and 245, if you are using split forwarding cos option 260 in the extensions cos then you need to enable cos option 709 in the trunks cos as well.
In form 04 you will need to enable system option 21 (incoming to external forwarding). Also don't forget to program your trunk to trunk connects in form 30. One further tip if these are pri or t1 trunks and you are not using qsig disable qsig in the trunks cct descriptor
So from the extension dial the following, the call fwd all access code followed by the condition code of 1 (for always) followed by the abbreviated dial access code and the bin number in form 30.
I often recommend using a separate cos for this extension with the bare minimum enabled, and if this is a hotel remember to ensure that extn has local and ld dialing privileges enabled.
This programming is also outlined in a kb document on Mitel On-Line titled external forwarding.

unemployedmitelguy
The bin number is programmed in form 31 (system abbreviated dial) not form 30 as stated above.

unemployedmitelguy
I do this all the time - you do not even need to fool around with forwarding the extension - it's just one more thing to go wrong (say if someone takes the forwarding off the extension by accident)

Only a few things you need to do (and some of the other guys have mentioned this)

1. Enable "incoming to outgoing call forwarding" is enabled in form 4

2. Enable "External call forwarding" in the COS for the Trunks) (tip - always make sure trunks are in a separate COS)

3. Make sure that trunks and devices are allowed to connect to each other in form 30 (in all honesty unless you have a specific reason - say restricting DISA trunks from connecting to other trunks - I just make sure that devices 1 through 6 call all connect)

4. In form 31 program an Index Number with the appropriate ARS access code and 1+ the 800 number.

5. Program an access code for abbreviated dial in form 2.

6. Make sure that any phone or console that will be transferring calls (console, front desk phone, etc) has both "Abbreviated Dial Access" and the Appropriate "Trunk to Trunk" connect options enabled in their COS (ie CO, DID, TIE, etc)

So let's say that for example your abbreviated dial access code is 7 and the index number you programmed for the 800 number is 11 - when you want to transfer a call to the 800 number all you have to do is transfer the call to 711.

This set-up negates the need for any extension to be involved - you just transfer directly to the speed dial location.

There is no need to enter a ars access code in form 31, the bin number should only contain the 1 800 number.

unemployedmitelguy
I believe you must add the ars access code to the bin in order for it to work. Otherwise it will try to dial an internal destination or feature.

The only time you add a ars access code in a speed dial number is when you use a personal speed dial number for a ie a digital or ip set, when programming it on the set itself with speed dial key, when using a bin number number in form 31 there is no need to use a ars access code. On another note if this is a hotel application and it still does not work best to disable system option 32 (outgoing call restriction) this usually resolves a lot of issues but don't forget to re-enable after testing otherwise they will be blaming you for toll fraud.

unemployedmitelguy
With all due respect, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have an ars access code in speed dial, for an outside call. Without it, how does the system know you're trying to make an outside call??

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Ditto JohnP & Fifty5Footer; the only exception I know to this is if you've enabled Direct To ARS for the extension and I didn't see that option suggested

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,049 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024