Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Another quick question that I was wondering if anyone had the answer for.

The printer connection in the Mitel SX-50 is the standard parallel connector. HOWEVER, it looks like it needs some sort of slim design connector, as the connection sticks WAY outside of the cover when you try to put it back on. Maybe a connection almost like the Amphenol connectors, where the cord is perpendicular to the connector, as opposed to in-line?

Any thoughts what to call it, where to get it?

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Of Course! I'm not sure why I didn't think of that... Probably because my printer that I'm using came with a standard cable and I was racking my brain trying to make it work!

Originally posted by Bob-o:
Another quick question that I was wondering if anyone had the answer for.

The printer connection in the Mitel SX-50 is the standard parallel connector. HOWEVER, it looks like it needs some sort of slim design connector, as the connection sticks WAY outside of the cover when you try to put it back on. Maybe a connection almost like the Amphenol connectors, where the cord is perpendicular to the connector, as opposed to in-line?

Any thoughts what to call it, where to get it?
For the record, the connector is a 25 pin EIA-232(RS-232) serial port.

Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Voicemail question for the SX-50--

I would like to add voicemail to the system. What is the easiest way to do that?

Someone said that a Dialogic 4 port system would work? I'm not sure what that does.

Do I need a COV card installed? I don't currently have one, and I thought that they were used for supersets and voicemail.

The whole voicemail issue is foggy to me with this system. Also looking for an auto-attendant feature if possible.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Dialogic is a brand of interface card. Another is Callista. You need a system that interfaces to the SX50. Brand is not all that important! Everybody here will have a favorite. Why don't you click on the "Equipment" link above for starters. If they have something, it will be competitive! (And they do support this forum smile )

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I've seen a few MS55 with COVoice voicemail. COV ports are good for VM on SX50s because they have good "answer supervision."

You can also use an analog voicemail -- it would work on the same kind of port that your room phones connect to -- such as an Active-Voice Repartee or Active-Voice Lingo. Lingos are great if you can find them. Apparently they were originally made for distribution in Australia, but some seem to have made their way here.

I'm a fan of Active-Voice.

Gotta ask, how do you get VM to work on analog SX50 ports? As far as I know, there is no in-band signaling on SX50 analog ports!
The reason COVoice works on SX50 is that the interface cards actually use a Superset interface and 'read' the display info. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Come to think of it, that would explain why the Lingos I've seen on SX-50s are usually just an auto-attendant. It always seemed like overkill.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024