web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
newsman Offline OP
OP Offline
That is understandable if you do not give out passwords. I am just trying to find out if it is physically possible to reset the password or find the default one in a user manual (or for that matter where to obtain a manual). Our tech cannot perform the install without it and we need to decide if this VM is now worthless or not. This unit was purchased from a member of this forum, so I thought this might be a good place to start. Any other thoughts?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Thank you for filling out your profile. Have you tried to contact the party that sold you the voicemail?

newsman Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes...I mentioned that in the first post.

"The seller pulled it out of an old office and does not have the password either."

Obviously if he can track down the original owner, that's the best case scenario. But I am not holding my breath. Which is why I came here to hopefully find some help. I'm not quite sure how he could tell that the system was "working" without noticing it was still password-protected, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

Anyone know if the password can be reset somehow? The BIOS is not password protected, if that matters any. Thanks in advance.

Ok, here is the deal with an NVM system. They are made from a company called CTL. The drive is coded to an on board eprom so it's well protected. You either have to get the old password OR have CTL get involved and default the drive and there is probably a cost to that.

newsman Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, interesting. I was under the impression that the NVM sytems were made by Nitsuko/NEC.

I'll look into CTL. I am aware that there is some kind of protection with the hard drive, but wasn't sure how it worked. When our old NVM system's drive started to fail, I was not able to get a mirrored hard drive to boot the system. Oddly enough though, a year previous, when our initial motherboard was fried, I was able to get the original hard drive to boot on a generic pentium board. Given the eprom thing, I wonder why this worked.

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,078 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (mongo5150), 159 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024