web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi

I'm wondering if it's possible to wire more than one phone number into an old Norstar Meridian phone system (installed 1989). Right now we have one phone number with 4 lines on it (4 line over line) wired through the system. Since virtually no one is still employed here who was here when the system was installed, we have no idea how to attempt such a task. If it's possible, how would one go about doing that?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
If your cabinet has six telephone jack connectors down the righthand side, then it might be possible. These six jack type connections allow for six phone numbers. However, your system may be running a restricted version of software that allows for only four telephone numbers. You would have to get your SW version or you can go into programming and see if you can assign line 5 or 6 to a set. If you can then no problem. If can't then you need to upgrade your SW. Quite a few 616 systems were sold with restricted DR1-2 SW.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I have made up a quick webpage with our dilemma, if you or anyone else could please check it out and respond.

Web Page:

https://norstarphones.freeservers.com

Also, how do I check what software we have installed? Sorry about asking the basics [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] but I have just started working there and have been tasked to implement a more efficient phone/voicemail system and no one else knows anything about it. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by UpperValley (edited April 15, 2002).]

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
As i believe an earlier person said, you can wire in the extra lines if you have the correct version of software to allow for all six lines. If not, you are limited to 4 unless you upgrade the software or KSU. I highly recommend contacting a local Norstar dealer to help you with this. Not only will you need someone to wire in the lines if possible, you will most likely need to reprogram your telephones as well. As far as the Startalk, you should look at the long term picture. I don't know how much a month you will be charged for the outside voice mail, but you should look at the cost difference and the added features you get. If your callers enter 1 to get to sales, and no one answers, what happens to the call?? does it just ring until the caller hangs up? If so, an on site voice mail like a Startalk will do just that. Maybe you need to get some more proposals, because getting into a Startalk4, especially a used one, is actually pretty reasonable. email me if you would like more info.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024