web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey all, I installed a CICS today with this VM, and attached the last two ports (ext's 35 & 36). Feature 985 says Invalid Feature, Feature 9*1 says the same thing. Do I have to do anything creative to get the CICS to recognize the VM? I have went all thru programming and nothing seems like it is what I need. I have installeda bout 15 CICS but never with a VM. I read in another thread that somebody restarted (though I don't know if they meant the Key system, the VM, or both) about 5 times and then it worked. I have to finish the programming tomorrow and train everybody on how to use it, so I hope I can figure out how in the heck to make it work between now and then!!!!!

P.S. this thing is a 4 port VM, even though it only rund on two ports in the CICS? Busses?

Sorry, I got this whole job thrown at me last minute! I didn't order any of teh equipment, just installing it! Thanks

What could go wrong?

[Linked Image from img10.exs.cx]
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

By the sounds of it you haven't installed it yet. Try F983, it should then say password:
enter XXXXXX, hopefully it then bring up options (for a standard install) just leave these & press next about 5 times (this takes you through the lists)it will then say config sys, & select next.
your display should show
CONFIG.........
then program it

PASSWORDS REMOVED

[This message has been edited by BCMguy.com (edited June 15, 2005).]

Hello scott mccabe,

I removed the passwords from your post. Please do not post any passwords in the public forums.

Other than that, welcome to the board!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
OP Offline
Thanks. Does anyone know what is going on? Mods? I am here now and pretty screwed. The lights on the thing will be solid for about a minute, then they go completely dark. Then, it's like it's restarting itself, the lights flash rapidly for a while out of synch, and then they go solid again, and repeat this process. I have read tht many times it's the transformer in a case like this. Regardless, the phone system does not recognize feature 9*1 and feature 983 still say invalid option.

I am on an island off the coast and a long way from any radio shack. I am about to tell the customer that they have a bum voicemail system. They are not going to be happy to hear that. ;P

What could go wrong?

Perry1977,

I know you have searched other threads, so you may have tried this already. You can check the CICS to see the feature codes peripheral devices have registered using "feature + **xftest" (Extended Feature Test). See if there are any codes registered. If there are, press the "TEST" softkey. If they come back "inactive", press the "REMOVE" softkey. Cycle the power on the CallPilot and give it a good 5 minutes to come up. Then see if you are in any better shape.

Good luck to you man!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
Just a thought, but I have had a callpilot take as long as 20 minutes!!!!! to set up.

Beer, sure I'll try one
OP Offline
Well, they are sending a new voicemail out in a couple days. I hope that's what it is! I am going to try the different transformer first and see if that does it, if not I will try the new VM. Thanks for the ideas, hopefully it isn't me being a maroon. =p I will let you know what I find.

What could go wrong?

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
It can take a VERY long time for these newer Call Pilots to register with the KSU. Are you 100% sure you're connected to active ports on the CICS? I think you can get one configured with only 8 station ports.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,803
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, SamsungCat), 111 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024