Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
pimpin-tl, the result is............. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
Sorry guys was in Alaska on vacation for a while. The ATA II was defective. As soon as I got a replacement and installed it, it worked like a charm!

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Thanks for coming back with the result....too often we never hear again.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
And I, and probably a 'few' others are jealous re the vacation destination. Want to go to Alaska once before I die, but prospects are not good. frown John C. (not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Well, an update. The device has been working fine till now. Now it seems to stop working and the only way to get it to work is to unplug the actual RJ11 from the input (the phone system) side and plug it back in. The device then gives us a dialtone. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Admin
Admin
I'd unplug the station side of the ATA not the phone system side to see if dialtone is coming through the ATA but being held up by a short/off hook condition on the station side.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say. I unplugged the system side and plugged it back in and it made it start working again. When I unplugged the ATA itself before doing this and plugged it back in it didn't fix the problem.

Admin
Admin
You have a sytem feed into the ATA. You have a station feed out of the ATA. If the station side shorts or goes offhook it will pull dialtone through the ATA. IF there is no dialtone it could be because it senses the station is still in an offhook condition. By unplugging the station side you eliminate this possibilty. If you still don't have dialtone after unplugging the station side you have eliminated a field trouble and have to look at the ATA itself.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Well I believe by unplugging the power from the phone (portable phone itself) took care of this hook issue on that side. It didn't clear up after I plugged it back in. The only time it clears is when I unplugged the phone cable from the system feed.

Admin
Admin
Unplugging power to a portable phone base still leaves the base in the equation, the jack, the cable, etc. If you don't unplug the service at the ATA you have accomplished little to troubleshoot. Good luck.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,807
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Keyset6, justbill), 136 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024