web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I will be installing 2 PRIs on an 7.0 MICS soon.
Calls will be sent in DID to the Recep. I really need the system to operate just as it does with
20 copper trunks. I can actually have the last 3 digits of each copper line be outpulsed to the MICS and assign a target, then assign the targ. lines the
same spot on the set. I do believe this will work.

However,I have the idea to assign just the 3 digits of the pilot number to TARG lines 157 thru 177,then I can give up the other 19 numbers if I wish.

Also, I have heard that a services cartridge is not reccommended for 2 PRIs and that I should buy a 6 port combo card for this application.

Any input from the forum is greatly appreciated.

A D K
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

So you have PRI's with DID's but you are planning on using only the pilot number. Is this correct?

You can only assign a one DID to one target line. You can have multiple appearances of the one target line

Service card vs 6 port combo. No difference. Some will tell you, you need 2 combo cards for 2 PRI's, this has not been my experience. If you are running an expanded system I do recommend you replace the current 6 port card with a combo card.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
I am sure that I can take all of the pots lines in the current hunt group and have them sent down the PRI as DID and receive last 4 digits of each of those numbers and assign those to a target line, then assign that target line at the same
location on the T7316 that they are today.

Your statement regarding multiple appearances is the key. Most of my experience is dealing with equip. already installed (service tech)and not on configuration issues.Do not want to have issues and questions nite of cut over.

As luck would have it I just received a contract
which will allow me to experiment with this prior to the cutover of this site.
The statement regarding the combo card versus the services card concerns me. This was a reseller that I asked for a quote on the PRIs and key
codes.
Last but not least, my plan at this time is to go
with the 2 PRIs (1 hunt group from service provider) make 1 a PRI-A with access code of 9 (trunks 25thru 47) and Route #1 and the other PRI B (trunks 001 thru 023) with access code of 7, Route 5 or whatever.Users will have to then dial the appropriate access code.

Alledgedly ,if 1 goes down the calls will go to other working PRI. Shoud be interresting!
Any and all valid input is appreciated.

Thanks again

A D K
2 PRI? How big the client is? Yes you can port a POTS lines over T1 and asign their numbers as a Target lines but customers dial only one Main number or DIDs and you don't need set up all COs as Ap & Rg for the Operator. You need to asign one Main number to go to Operator's phone and make it Ap & Rg 2,3,4 times and you will be fine. I wouldn't set up 9 & 7 as an eccess code for 2 PRIs. I will put them all in the same PRI-A pool and use the same Rout # but incoming I would asign Accending and outgoing as a Deccending orders. I would make sure that provider set up Overflow from one Trunk Group(PRI 1) to second (PRI 2) for incoming and opposit for outgoing. BTW your trunks number swith R.7.0 will be 001-023 & 031-053

OP Offline
The customer has 66 T7316s,8 fax lines and 3 modem lines. Has had trouble getting response from Level 3
so I referred another company to quote a PRI. They did such a good sale job that customer ordered 2 PRI's.

The last response promoted research that I am now comfortable with 2 Pri's using same access code.
Thanks for valuable input.
Have a great day!!

A D K
PRI's do not work like POTS. YOU decide on the pilot number (could be the original POTS pilot). you don't assign each POTS line a target line. PRI does not hunt like POTs. You will receive as many calls on that DID (target line) as you have available PRI channels. 2 PRI's = 46 channels. If you don't plan to use the rest of DID numbers they should be assigned by you to DRT to the reception in case they are accidentally dialed.

You might want to get some training/help on this install to understand how PRI/DID/Target lines function.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
Tazmanian,
You say you are installing the PRI's but do you have the key codes?

We get old too soon, smart too late
Marv,
If you are porting POTS over T1 you have to assign Target Line for their last 4 digits. In Manhattan it's very practical cause use to be 212 area code only. Right now almost impossible to have DID with 212 code that is why many Executives would like to keep those numbers as a DID.

Vad I understand.

But from Tazmanian's 1st post, it appears he/she wants to assign each POTS line a DID and each DID to a target line that will appear and ring like POTS. All I was saying is PRI does not hunt like a POTS. (If DID xxx-xxx-0001 is busy hunting to xxx-xxx-0002 does not happen with PRI).

Marv CCNA, CTUB
I agree, Marv.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (PhoneGuy827, justbill, Ruben, Toner), 191 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024