web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Customer with 4.1 MICS, currently PRI (23 channel) and only the Main Published Line (MPL) ported on TL145. With the new carrier about to cutover, we've got a new block of DIDs coming.

I'd like to clear the rec'd digits from TL145 and move the MPL to the last available Target Line (272) which is our standard; then I'll start the new DID block at TL145 and run it sequentially (block of 100).

Problem is, when I clear the rec'd digits from TL145 and recreate them on TL272, it lets me program it, but the call gets reorder trying to ring in. I moved the rec'd digits (5 digits '79900') all over to multiple Target Lines until I found a pattern-- only Target Lines 145 thru 170 work. Any digits programmed on Target Lines higher than 170, inbound call will fail.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat's the deal???? I've seen some flaky Target Line problems before, but none like this!.

Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

In order for TL272 to work you have to install CX software(Large system)and another 6 port expension cartrige in addition to COMBO.

OP Offline
Thanks vad60, just let me pick your brain a bit...

It's not that just TL272 isn't working, it's all the Target Lines from 171 to 272.

Further, if I use XC software, with the expansion cartridge that should take the upper bound of Target Lines to TL 284 or TL336, depending on the software level (i.e., there's some variance whether the Target Lines start at TL145 or TL157)

I should think that XC or non-XC, I should still have more than 26 usable Target Lines

I had tried rebooting the PRI card, rebooting the MICS, and even setting the Rec'd Length to '3' instead of '5' (letting it clear the rec'd digits, in my case just the TL145 digits) and then back to '5' and recreating TL145...still not working.

I'm supposed to be going out to cutover the new block of DIDs in a few days, and the customer said they're willing to cutover to the new carrier without the new DIDs until this problem can be fixed. One thing I'll try is to 'change' hardware (e.g., install a temporary Trunk Module in slot 7) to see if that'll 'kick start' the TL's into working normally again-- I know it's grasping at straws but this thing makes no sense anyway.

On a 4.1 you should have target lines 145-272. XC AND a 2nd 6 port expansion card will open up 273-336.

Your number one problem is 4.1 is the 1st release for PRI and it is unstable. I would highly recommend you upgrade to at least 6.1MR

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 114 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024