web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I probably already know the answer to this, but hoping someone has discovered a work-around...

I've installed a new CICS and CP100 in a busy doctor's office. Unfortunately, they are technically unsavvy (how do you cut people open and sew them back up but cannot understand "Press **" or "Press #"?).

I avoided using a night button so they could just walk away from the system at the end of the day. System is set to answer on 4 rings. The doctors wish to have "0" rings at night when they call in to get their on-call messages.

Is there any way to do this via some type of scheduling without installing a night button?

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Cannot this function be built in services then put the system in automatic?

OP Offline
:shrug:

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
how about a back door line for only msg retrival

OP Offline
Originally posted by luv2ski:
how about a back door line for only msg retrival
That's what I wanted to do, but the office staff use that line for outbound calls and patients end up calling back (from the captured CID). They're too cheap to order a new line...

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Under services,set hours for business, set answer to auto. Need to set for all days of week. 0 rings will not allow call id info to be recorded at night so 2 rings is better. Call pilot greetings morning ,afternoon and evening should stay the same. Is existing set up 4 rings drt from 21, 221? or is Call Pilot set for 4 rings ? Might need to adjust so that main phone controls forward to voice mail. I think this covers it.

Jacktel is right.
Auto schedule is the way to go. Just make sure that your Night scheduled time meets the time for Night Greeting number in the CP setup. IN this case you don't need Night button on the phone.

OP Offline
Where do I set the # of rings? I programmed everything else under "Services" "Night" "Mon ~ Fri", etc. Checked under "Ringing Groups" "Lines", etc. and every other heading...couldn't find where to set the # of rings, however.

DRT is 4 rings (221) and CP is 4 rings on lines 001 ~ 004.

The docs don't want to wait four rings when checking their on-call messages @ 3am.

Always wondered about the Schedule settings...never had the need for them. I have always programmed night buttons in the past.

Thanks for the assistance/education.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
If drt on 221 is 4 and call pilot is 4 then outside caller hears 8 rings before VM? if no pickup at 221? Set Call Pilot to 2 and test with temp. nite button at 221 should hear VM at 2 rings or set Call Pilot to 0 rings and make sure no lines appear and ring on VM extentions. If it works ok remove nite button change time to after hours and test again.

If you put the CP DN in a night service ring group the CP will answer immediately. Delay settings in the CP will be ignored.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,367 Shoretel
189,047 CTX100 install
187,402 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024