web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
One thing I find interesting about the panel is that the buttons are recessed into the compartment. That's a design I'd expect to find in something where you want to make sure they don't get hit accidently.

Is the panel currently in use? If so, for what? (You mentioned wanting to find a source for the buttons.)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

One thing I find interesting about the panel is that the buttons are recessed into the compartment. That's a design I'd expect to find in something where you want to make sure they don't get hit accidently.

Ummm, no. That is the design of whatever the salvaged buttons were used on. The buttons are much older than this piece of equipment and probably looked much different in their original use.

V194, you don't say what your interest is in this button assembly. Do you need it for a new piece of equipment or replacement?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
v194 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ummm, no. That is the design of whatever the salvaged buttons were used on. The buttons are much older than this piece of equipment and probably looked much different in their original use.
Right.
My interest is that I am trying to replicate the item. Finding the original parts will make that easier plus there is some interest to find out what was originally used to create this.

Unfortunately I think this assembly is at least 50 years old. You won't find much of this today since something like this would be microprocessor controlled through a membrane touch pad or similar.

Still I too would be interested in what that was originally used on. If you do strike out you might try Switchcraft and some of the few other manufacturers that still make these things. They can produce customs if the quantity is there and you can justify the cost.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
If you think some or all of the buttons may be from old avionics, as suggested in earlier posts, you may want to inquire on aviation boards. There might be some older pilots (or even younger ones who work in aviation museums), there who might recognize the parts.

I didn't see an appropriate public forum on landings.com or AOPA.org, but you could try posting an inquiry here:
https://www.partsbase.com/public/PublicMessageBoard/MsgBoardPublic.asp

v194 Offline OP
OP Offline
For those who have asked.
The part was created in 1966 but it was created from parts of unknown age so this stuff could be WWII era.
The photo you see is of a Hollywood Prop created to be used on film. As you may know prop makers used anything and everything at their disposal to create their props. Many TV related props have to look good 20 feet away for 20 seconds on film and most were never functional in any way.
The item above was installed in a vehicle. I own the vehicle but the part was pilfered years ago and only a few original parts of the photo item are still around. I have all of the lights, chicken head knobs but I'm missing the buttons, black, green, and white. Some parts ont he car were from old IMTS phone equipment.
Like I said I saw one button that said operator, So naturally I thought of telephone equipment. And the buttons looked a lot like push buttons on a desk phone so again I thought telephone equipment. Either way I have been looking at elevator consoles, telephones, military equipment on Ebay and the net and have come up dry. Ive been at it for several years now but just started trying contacting experts in the areas that the part might be associated with. Gadget and tech type guys tend to have experience an several different areas so I was hoping for someone who might have spotted these parts either in communications or military fields.

Well, I guess the good part is it really doesn't have to do anything.

-Hal

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Mac, see if you can get Ed to take a look.
My 2 cents worth, reminds me of some buttons I saw (and used) on patch panels @ Thule AFB, Greenland, 40 looonnnggg years ago. As I recall, some of them were actualy twist switches. And Western Union had some that looked like that in the switching aisles in KC, MO.

John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
v194 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by clightninghorse:
Mac, see if you can get Ed to take a look.
My 2 cents worth, reminds me of some buttons I saw (and used) on patch panels @ Thule AFB, Greenland, 40 looonnnggg years ago. As I recall, some of them were actualy twist switches. And Western Union had some that looked like that in the switching aisles in KC, MO.

John C.
That would be great! Any help is welcome!

Originally posted by v194:
Greetings all!
If I have posted this in the wrong section then please let me know.
I'm looking to ID the push buttons in the photograph.
What I do know:
They are manufactured prior to 1966.
They may be from several types and styles of phones all put together so don't go on their placement.
They may be military (I don't know)
I'm first looking to ID these buttons and of course to find a source for them in any fashion. One or all of them.
Does any of it look familiar at all to anyone?
The button all the way to the right reads "Operator" so I assumed some type of telephone equipment.

Any help you can give will be great!
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Is there anything printed by the knob?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,366 Shoretel
189,041 CTX100 install
187,402 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024